Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Midnight Rant about Instincts

Do you ever feel like words without meaning come out when you speak?  It doesn't happen to me often, but when it does it is the most frustrating thing in the world.  What did I just say?  Why did I say that?  And the worst part about words is that you can't take them back.  Somedays I suffer from the worst foot-in-mouth syndrome you could ever imagine.

However, I am a smart girl- and I have roughly nineteen years of talking experience under my belt.  So maybe my words do make sense, and my audience is hearing exactly what they need to hear.  There is a good possibility that I just need to trust my voice.

Trust my voice. Instincts.

That has been a reoccurring phenomenon in my life as of late.  "Just follow your gut." is what they tell me.  I hate the uncertainty of it, but the people telling me this are right.  It's like when Steve Jobs said, "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  They somehow already know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary."

My gut knows where it is going and how to get there.  It's my brain that gets in the way.  In addition to that, the quote by Benjamin Spock comes to mind: "Trust yourself.  You know more than you think you do."  I do know more than I give myself credit for.  I just need to relax, to stop sweating the small stuff.

Well, that's the end of my little midnight rant.  And, since we are being honest here, I am not sure if the coherency of this post even makes sense.

Let's hope the irony of that last statement doesn't go unnoticed.

Much Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment