Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Lack of a Relationship with "Normalcy"

I've never understood normalcy.  Who in history has made an impact by conforming?  Has anyone ever accomplished their goals without going outside of their comfort zone of mediocrity?

My biggest fear is not living up to the potential I feel inside of me.
(and one cannot live up to his or her potential if afraid to stand out.)

I have lived my life on the edge of fitting in and not wanting to.   And, now that I am in college, I honestly have no desire to be anyone other than who I am.  It makes me certain that this is where I am supposed to be.

So, I have a question for anyone scared of being "abnormal:"
What is more powerful- your fears or your dreams?

----------

If you want to say something, say it.
If you have a dream, chase it.
Forget everything.
Do what you want.
Do what you love.
Do what makes you happy.


...Did I just write a poem?

That's all I have for you.  Short, sweet, and to the point.

Later lovelies,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment