Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Life is the Journey

“Life is a journey, not a destination.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


This is the quote I try to live my life by.  I, personally, am constantly waiting for the next big thing to happen.  For instance, when I was twelve, all I wanted was to be thirteen so I could wear make-up.  When I was fifteen, all I wanted to was to be sixteen so I could date.  Once I hit freshman year of high school, I could not wait for junior prom.  Then, I would not wait for graduation.  College.  The end of my first semester...

As I was waiting for these things to happen, I forgot to realize that life is happening RIGHT NOW.  Do not wish away your life.  Live in the moment for the moment is beautiful and fleeting- in its hardships and in its successes.


I have wanted this tattoo since seventh grade.  I spontaneously decided yesterday that I was going to go for it.   I have my pre-tattooed body in the upper right hand corner of the picture above.  Just call it...Transformation Tuesday, I suppose.

The tattoo is actually a mirror image tattoo.  This means that when you look at me, all you will see is gibberish.  When I look into the mirror, however, it will be a constant reminder to live in the moment.

I also want to point out that I wanted to wait until I got abs to get this tattoo.  But, that kind of defeats the purpose of the message, doesn't it?

Life is not a destination.  Don't treat it like one.

Stay Lovely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment