Thursday, November 7, 2013

Who Am I?

Welcome to UNrefine Beauty.

I'm sure that you read my last post.  (That is sarcasm.  I'm sure you have NOT read my first post.  I can see my views!  No hard feelings though.)  It was all about WHAT UNrefine Beauty is, but you don't know a thing about me- the person behind the screen.  And maybe I shouldn't tell you.  Maybe I should play "A" in Pretty Little Liars.  Or I should become the titular narrator Kristen Bell was in Gossip Girl.  That mystery might entice you.

Or it won't affect you at all.
(I'm thinking it will be the latter.)

So, really.  Who am I and why should you read what I have to say?

To be completely honest, I am not sure about either of those questions myself.  I could tell you my name.   I could tell you the what little town in the middle of nowhere I came from.  I could even tell you what college I am attending and for what.  And each thing I say would be true.  However, what would be the significance of that?  Why do you even want to know?

For now, just know me as the small town college girl trying to create her place in the world.

To address the next part of that question- why should you read what I have to say- my reply to you would be this:

I have no answer.

I cannot tell you why you should read what I have to say.  But why do you listen to the things you do on an everyday basis?  Entertainment.  Encouragement.  Support.  I will try to make each of these things available.  But, other then that, you have no ligitament reason to read my thoughts.

I have been writing blogs on and off since I was thirteen.  The summer of my sophomore year I made YouTube videos (that are still currently up).  I tried creating my own website in sixth grade.  In other words, I'm fascinated by the idea of someone wanting to hear what I have to say.  In fact, in the back of my mind I want to get known for it- known for doing what I love.  But ask any up and coming blogger and they will tell you that getting known was not why they started blogging.  They purely did it for the enjoyment.  But I can't lie to myself.  I can't lie to the potential people that will read this blog.

I want to be heard.

So whether or not you read this blog, whether or not you care what I have to say, whether or not what I say has ANY meaning at all- I am going to keep blogging.  I am going to keep doing what I love.  Because maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to help someone out there.

And maybe that will make all the difference.

Stay UNrefined.
Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment