Sunday, June 29, 2014

Personal Sunday #2: Weeks

It is currently 4 o'clock in the morning, and I have been up far too long putting together a travel book.  This travel book is a collection of places I need to see and things I need to do.  While I was doing that, I decided to do some math.

WARNING- You’ll probably judge me for this post.
ADDITIONAL WARNING- I won’t care in the least.  I am who I am(:

According to disabled-world.com, I am roughly 1,000 weeks old.

And, according to gosset.wharton.upenn.edu, I will live to be about 85.67. (This estimate angers me because I don’t drink or smoke; I eat healthy and I exercise regularly…I digress.)

That leaves me roughly 3,000 weeks left to live.

There are, debatably, 196 countries in the world, and we all know the US has 50 states.  I have already been to 11 countries and 10 states.

That leaves 186 countries and 40 states for me to see.

If I stay in these 226 places for two weeks each, it will take up 452 weeks of my life. That is about 9 years of travel.

That leaves 2,548 weeks left to finish school, get a job, save my money, make friends, fall in love, get sick, get healthy, eat, sleep, exercise…

2,548 weeks left over AFTER traveling to all of these places.  And, may I remind you, I have only lived about 1,000 weeks already.  2,548 weeks is a lot of time.

The reason I did all this research is to prove to myself that I have time to, literally, see the ENTIRE world.  So, next time you think that you are "too old" to do something that you really want to do, you may want to rethink your statement.

Much Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment