Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hard Candy Lash Ink Review


The claims as stated on hardcandy.com:
Mascara that won’t quit until you do. Our innovative four day lash stain coats every lash.  Layer on mascara and at the end of the day, Lash Ink will stay put.  Go ahead and swim, sweat, shower or cry (happy tears) – lashes will look flawless no matter what the circumstance.

The price: around $7

I'll be the first to admit it- I love gimmicks.  Products that claim to do what others can't intrigues me.  So, when I heard about Hard Candy Lash Ink in August 2013's Seventeen Magazine, I was really interested.  I told myself to finish off some other mascaras before buying it, but once I did, I was all over it!


Initial Impressions: 
First and foremost, this brush is very long and skinny.  It is a little difficult getting as close to the base of the lashes as possible with this brush.  This is a stain, so expect a very wet application.

I am happy with how my lashes looked with this product on- very black, separated (read: not clumpy  at all), with decent length.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture after I first applied it, but I almost think that they stayed looking the same throughout the four days.  However, I am getting ahead of myself.

Test One: Swimming

So a few hours after applying this mascara, my family went to a water park.  To me, the water park was the ultimate test of this mascara.  We played HARD.  If you need proof, check out this picture of me and my tan sunburn lines:

BY THE WAY!  This would be an EXCELLENT time to tell you...

 REAPPLY THAT SUNSCREEN!

Anyway, my lashes are still separated, dark, and long.  I was very pleased.


Day Two

My lashes still looked really good the second day.  By now I had noticed a little flaking.  Also, I just want to through this out there- yes, my eyebrows are atrocious and, yes,  I have no make-up on except for mascara in any of these pictures.  And, no, I don't care.

Day Three

Today, I really put this product to the test.  I worked out.  I went for a walk/run; I also tried racing a train, but that didn't go very well.


My lashes could stand a retouch, but they are still stained.  I took a bath and washed my face (avoiding my eyes) afterward as well.  The product continued to flake, but not in crazy amounts.

Day Four

I'd say that by day four, the product really had disappeared.

All-in-all:
I really am happy with this product.  It lasted three days through swimming, washing, sweating, and eyes watering.  For $7, I would buy it again; I liked the way it made my lashes look.  I'd venture to say that this would be the perfect summer mascara stain!

Additional thoughts:
This stain doesn't play nice layered with other mascaras.
Layering two coats of the stain on top of each other makes my lashes stick together.
Make-up wipes don't make this stain budge.  
Make-up remover won't take this stuff off either. 

So, tell me.  Are you interested in Hard Candy Lash Ink?  Let me know!

Until Later, Lovelies!
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment