Monday, September 1, 2014

Current Loves: Maybelline New York Full 'N Soft Mascara

My apologies- I have discovered .gif formatted pictures, and I think that they are quite possibly the coolest thing ever.
I come bearing fantastic news!  I fell in love with a mascara, and it doesn't cost $1,000.


I am talking about Maybelline New York Full 'N Soft Mascara.
Cost: $8   


On the Maybelline website, it says this mascara:

• Builds full, healthy-looking lashes without the brittle feel
• Prevents loss of lashes with Quick Dissolve System that allows easy mascara removal
• Advanced thickening formula with Vitamin E helps to soften and nourish lashes
• No clumps, no globs
• Contact lens safe and hypoallergenic
• Washable, also available in Waterproof formula
Allow me to comment on these claims.

-I agree that this mascara really does build full lashes.  It provides length and volume- a winning combination.  In addition to that, my lashes really do feel "soft."  No brittle feelings on these eyeballs!

-This next claim makes me question Maybelline's advertising tactics.  "Prevents loss of lashes with Quick Dissolve System..."  I'm not sure why "Quick Dissolve System" is capitalized, but I do have to agree.  This mascara really does allow easy removal, even with regular, ol' make-up remover wipes.

-I am not sure if I notice any thickening of lashes when this mascara is off.  However, I don't think I mind since the mascara does that just fine when I wear it.

-Short and sweet- I have no problems with mascara clumps.  In addition to that, I find that this mascara plays well with other mascara as well as multiple coats.

- I don't wear contact lenses- and if I did, I'm not so sure I'd care about the mascara I wear- but this mascara hasn't irritated my eyes in the slightest.

Additional comments:
This mascara has a very wet formulation, so give it time to dry!

 

That's my verdict- A+, gold star, WILL REPURCHASE.  However, I heard talk on Make-Up Alley that this product was discontinued.  If it was, I'll be very upset.  I just bought this product, and it is still listed on the Maybelline website.

None-the-less I have no problem going out and trying the waterproof version.  I'll keep you posted.

Much Love,
Me

P.S. check out this pretty eye look I created with some Wet 'N Wild shadows and my Urban Decay Electric Palette!  I can't wait to have a better camera to show you all my neat creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment