Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day Back

Today is the first day of classes, and I'm so excited.  I love the busyness of an academic year- the appointments, meetings, and projects.  I even like going to class and listening to lectures.  What I hate, however, is exams.  Those seem to be a large percentage of my grade this semester so I'll have to be cracking down on those books.  You know, get $120 worth of use out of those overpriced pages.

Anyway, I have a lot of responsibilities this semester.  I am a Community Assistant with about 40 girls on my floor.  I snagged two advertising positions with student media, specifically with the newspaper and radio station.  In addition to that, I am an intern with a website called HerAgenda.  There are a lot of people counting on me this semester and I plan on giving it my all.

To make this semester successful I'll have to prioritize and be sure not to procrastinate.  One piece of advice I have for myself is to make sure to say no- not to anyone in particular, but to myself. I want to do it all.  From picking up hours as a waitress to joining dance club, I have to realize that quality is better than quantity this year.  I even wrote an editorial about it.  Check it out!

For my birthday, I want to get a camera to make this blog really shine.  I have a few ideas I want to implement that I think you'll really enjoy.

Also, if I make blogging weekly a priority, I feel like it would be beneficial to advertise.  How cool would that be?  My website out there for the world to see!

Well, that is my two cents.  I look forward to writing a lot more this year.

Until Later,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment