Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Until "Absolutely Necessary"

Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, answer me these questions:

Why is it that my brain loves to turn on when I am ready to go to bed?

Secondly, why am I so afraid of practicing things?

My first question probably has something to do with my technology use before bed.  And, because it takes me so long to fall asleep, that is probably the reason it takes me so long to get up in the morning.

Seriously, I don't think you understand how hard it is to get out of bed until absolutely necessary.

Once I have gotten settled into bed, my mind starts to wonder.  I think about the past; I think about the future, my dreams, aspirations, and fears.

In fact, my mind has kept me up long enough that I caved and made this post.

Just go to bed already!

Regarding my second questions, allow me to elaborate:

My messed up way of thinking everything has to be perfect freezes me.

Granted, that elaboration probably ruffled up more questions than answers, but hear me out.  My perfectionism is a serious character flaw.  I cannot convince myself to do things until absolutely necessary because, until crunch time, I am convinced that things won't be good enough anyway so why even try?

I seriously need to change my attitude.

Whatever you want to do well requires practice.  I need to realize this- and soon.  Malcolm Gladwell wrote a book called Outliers.  In it, he says that one requires 10,000 hours of practice to get good at something.

I can't just rely on my talent to get me places.  I have to work for them.

So, here is the plan.  Tomorrow, I am going to get up at 8 o'clock.  I am going to dress nice- maybe even wear a dress.  I am going to do my make-up.  I will conquer Public Speaking and Oral Spanish.  Theatre will be a breeze and Algebra will fly by.  I will do my Psychology and Math homework.  I will get the last couple questions done for my scholarships.  I will go to a math help session and Career Preparation workshop.  Lastly, I will practice my Oral Interpretation very, very hard.

I give you my word, Internet.  Things will be practiced tomorrow.

Until Later,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment