Monday, February 3, 2014

My Current State of the Union

I feel like its time for me to update the internet about my life and- more importantly- my list.

Here was the list that I established about two months ago:
  1. Keep up with this blog!
  2. Learn how to play Vanessa Carlton's 1000 miles on the piano.
  3. Create a sense of style for myself instead of just wearing "comfy" clothes all the time.
  4. Play with make-up more often.
  5. Read more books.
  6. Run a 5K (preferably a Color Run!).
  7. Workout at least three times a week.
I feel like I need to revise this list a little- and what better way to revise a list than to make another list! (That's just how my mega-oragized mind works.)  In addition to revising the list, I have revised the terms and conditions as well.  Yes, I want to complete/actively work on the aspects of this list before I date anyone else.  However, I want this to be a list of goals to keep in mind throughout this semester.  I urge you to create your own goal list and share it with me in the comments!
  1. Keep up with this blog!
    • I haven't been doing so hot with this one.  Since the beginning of school, my mind has been on other things.  I always kept this blog in the back of my mind though; I rake my mind with ideas for posts often.
  2. Learn how to play Vanessa Carlton's 1000 miles on the piano Cups by Anna Kendrick.
    • I got the music for 1000 miles.  I asked my piano playing friend to help me learn said music.  Then, I got totally overwhelmed.  I decided to do something a little...beginner friendly.
  3. Get my "Life is the journey." tattoo.  Maybe I'll get one with my mom too.
    • I got my "Life is the journey..." tattoo.  However, I don't know if I want another one.  I'll let you know if I have any significant changes of heart on this particular subject.
  4. Play with make-up more often.
    • I have been picking up make-up a little more often lately.  I could still play with it a little more, however.  My YouTube make-up video marathons have gotten more frequent, so at least I'm indulging in my passion a little bit more.
  5. Read more books.
    • After using an app called Auidble to listen to Divergent by Veronica Roth, I went out and bought the next two books in the series.  In addition to that, I grabbed some books from home and brought them to college.  I haven't picked up these books since the end of Christmas vacation.  Textbooks have taken priority.  I'll try to work some Veronica Roth into my life here soon, though.
  6. Run a 5K (preferably a Color Run!).
    • I have been training!  I see myself getting better everyday.  I researched 5Ks in my area and I found one for May 2nd.  There is a cash prize offered, which is nice considering I am a broke college kid.
  7. Workout at least three times a week.
    • This goes hand-in-hand with running a 5K.  I have tried to workout daily, and I have been very successful!  Progress pictures and more fitness inspiration will be posted on this blog within the next week.
  8. Keep up with my grades.
    • This is new on my list.  It's always a goal for me, but I thought that I needed to write it down anyway.  I'm not going to lie, I have gotten C's on three of my tests in three different classes.  This is a shock for a girl used to straight A's.
  9. Create a "fitness wall."
    • Last Saturday, I complete rearranged my dorm room.  I now have whole wall crying for decorations.  Once I finish this little project, I think it would be cool to post it on this blog.  I love spreading inspiration!
Well, that's  it!
Thanks for reading, and I will talk to you later.

Until Next Time,
Me

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I had some exams/papers with Cs in college but I promise it turns out okay. Sometimes you feel like you're drowning, but it all ends up fine. Hey, I got a degree after all!
    xoxo Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete